Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Road is Long but Steady - Week 3

I'm on week 3 of my challenge. Things have been good and steady as I'm kicking off this 12 weeks of fitness. The workouts have been awesome. We get up at 6am on Mon/Wed/Fri and hit the gym to rotate push/pull/legs and on Tues/Thurs we get in 20 min of cardio and Sat is a cardio/next muscle group workout. I'm excited to say I am quickly seeing definition and moving up in the amount of weight I can lift. Our weightlifing regimen is 4 sets of increased weights and decreasing reps. Our cardio is interval cardio called HIIT.

The biggest thing I'm finding myself overcoming is hunger. I'm doing 6 small meals that contain a protein, complex carb and veggie but eating little to no carbs in the late afternoon/evening. I am not sure if I am not eating enough or not eating the right things. I have a friend who is living with me for a few weeks and I'm finding it very hard not to splurge in the evenings by having a drink with her and hubby. I did a weigh-in on Tuesday and had gained back the 3 pounds I lost the 2nd week. Maybe it is become TOM is soon to come but whatever reason a gain is BAD, NOT COOL. I realize I'm reshaping but I want to see quick results. It is a struggle because on HCG you weigh daily and see it drop fast. On this plan it is a steady but solid long term plan for long term results.

I'm taking a few supplements. The protein shakes were using are called Spirutein and are sweetened naturally and not made with Whey. I'm thinking whey is causing me bloating so I'm laying off it for a little while. I use almond milk to avoid the lactose as well. I'm taking an Omega 3, Amino Acids, and Multivitamin daily. I also discovered a great booster drink called Spark, it is through a company called Advocare. It is awesome to drink first of the day during my workout and I get that extra mojo for my training session. Today, I bought some CLA from a Sports Nutrition store by the gym. I've been reading that it helps transform belly fat into muscle. Since my belly is my #1 problem area I'm hoping it helps. I have found no evidence that it will help with weight loss but it will help me transform. That is my goal...total transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment