Monday, October 4, 2010

HCG Diet - Phase 2 Day 1-2 Gorge Days

After careful thought and consideration I have started the HCG diet. I have a wonderful new doctor who has seen much success with it through his patients and he encouraged me to read about it. I am very skeptical. I know the best way to lose weight and keep it off is balanced calories, exercise and healthy choices. This approach is a little extreme but if it pays off it is going to be worth it.

I decided to do injections of HCG because this way I know it is at its purest form and genuine. I've never given myself a shot or injection of any kind so the mental game was torture until I started doing it. I went and got my prescription and decided I was going to start the very next day. I carefully filled up the syringes with the HCG for 7 days and read over Dr. Simmon's Protocol the night before.

9/30/10 - 1st day - This morning I got up extra early because I had to travel to Oklahoma for the day. I reread how to inject myself and got my syringe. I weighted before I injected so I could remind myself why I was doing it. The entire time I kept saying, "yes it might seem extreme but it if works it is worth it! I figured out where I was going to inject, closed my eyes and darted the needle in my leg. It didn't hurt at all. I was so happy! I could do this if I could overcome my first fear of injecting myself. This is a gorge day per the protocol and so I started out with bisquits and gravy, my favorite pumpkin spice latte with the whip from Starbucks and didn't feel one bit guilty. I figured it is all about to come off soon anyway so why not just go for it on the 2 days I get to splurge. For lunch I had chinese food at a buffet and was starting to feel yucky. I want to lose weight and eating like that wasn't as fun anymore. By the time I got home from Oklahoma I was hungry and decided to go ahead and splurge on taco bueno.

10/1/10 - 2nd day - I got up before waking the kids for school and gave myself my injection. It didn't phase me at all. I weighted again and was down a pound. I didn't understand it but figured I better eat a lot more today. Everything I was reading told me if I didn't pack on enough fatty food I was going to be really hungry the first week of low calories. Today, I ate - 2 jalapeno sausage kolaches, a grande white chocolate mocha with whip, a large bowl of cheesy pasta with breadsticks, and finished it off with 2 large slices of pizza, salad and a chocolate chip cookie. I could barely eat that big dinner and had to force it down. I knew the HCG must be working to stop the hunger.

I felt like my gorge days went well but was afraid I didn't eat enough junk and would be hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment