Monday, October 4, 2010

My Forever Battle with Food - HCG Phase 1

Today, I'm 35 and tomorrow I turn 36 which is why I am starting this blog about overcoming my vice - food. I've battled this for way too long. I want to journal my progress towards health and overcoming food over the next year. I am on day 4 of my HCG diet protocol. It feels a little extreme but I know it will be worth it if it pays off. I have been feeling desperate lately to figure out the solution to my food battle. This is my final solution to a lifelong issue.

What is it with food? I'm in a constant never ending battle with what is healthy or unhealthy. I make choices to eat things I know are not good for me. Over the last 35 years of my life I have tried tons of different diet plans, healthy eating changes and say it is all a life style change but I always end up giving up. Everytime I make a little progress and take two steps forward I turn around and take 10 steps back. I have all of this head knowledge but applying it is a whole different story.

I remember being a young girl and as soon as I hit puberty feeling very chunky. My mom was often doing different weight loss plans so I joined her. In my teen years I tried everything from the lose 10 pds in three days diet to following my mom's Weight Watchers diet. I wasn't really fat but I thought I was. I look back now and would love to weigh the average 132 pounds I weighed through those years. I was active as a baton twirler and could eat whatever I wanted with little affect. (ahhh, the teenage years)The summer after graduation I had a car accident. This accident changed my life forever. After months of a recovery from injuries from head to toe I had gained 15 pds. That started my upwards journey on the scale.

In 2006 - 2007 I took my first steps towards changing my eating habits. I started off the year on a Daniel Fast with my church. I loved it so much I researched everything I could about foods from the earth. I felt so great I decided to become vegetarian. I incorporated the organic foods from the earth into a Body for Life program and dropped 40 pds. I went through a divorce and all I focused on was looking "hot" by eating right and fitness. In 2008, my new hubby and I got married. Shortly after I hurt my back and within three months was down with a back surgery. I gave up vegetarianism and downhill went my decent again....my battle with food is never ending and always a fight.

I have so much head knowledge about eating right, exercising and taking care of myself physically, spiritually, and emotionally. It is time to apply it. I want to grow old more healthy than when I was young. I love getting older. Every year I feel like I am so much wiser and for it I am thankful.

Here is how this plan works.
hCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, a type of hormone. It is one of the most powerful weight loss supplements. Dr Simmon's created a researched a plan in his clinic that he uses with patients. It's been around since the 50's. My doctor at the Integrated Medical Clinic has had success with patients and I'm going to attempt it.

Phase 1 - prepare, get HCG, read book & decide if you are ready for the willpower required for this diet. It's extreme!
Phase 2 - Take HCG injections for 23 days. First 2 days are gorge days to help store up fat in your liver so you are not as hungry the first week. Limit your diet to 500 calories of the authorized foods. Drink at least 8 - 8oz of water daily.
Phase 3 - 72 hours after your last injection you begin to eat healthy foods and stay within 1200-1500 calories. You can have anything except for starch and sugars in your food. You weigh everyday and if you are within 2 pounds of your last weight on the injections you cut back the next day. Drink at least 8 - 8oz of water daily.
Phase 4 - The rest of your life you eat healthy choices, exercise, drink lots of water and maintain forver! Don't forget to drink at least 8 - 8oz of water daily!

It sounds hard but I'm going to try it. Here goes.....

Thanks for joining me on my journey by reading my blog. Together, we can overcome whatever it is that holds us back by supporting each other through the journey. Let's do this thing!

2 comments:

  1. I have really been enjoying reading backwards on your blog. It was interesting to see you transform from a skeptic to a true believer, and you have done awesome! a lot of the stuff you are saying reminds me of myself. I'm blogging too: http://bit.ly/bC1ZLi :) Good luck with continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I read your blog. We do think the same way about a lot of this. I can't wait to see your success!!

    ReplyDelete